If the two Pub Quiz hosts had a kid it might look like Alex Trebek. And be the Antichrist.
My only consistent night out is Clancy’s Pub Quiz on Wednesdays. It’s like Jeopardy, except not. Ten rounds of surprisingly difficult questions and a cash/voucher prize of Rs 5,000 to 10,000 (depending on turnout). However, the new government has now interfered with my life in a way worse than the draft. Clancy’s gets fined for serving drinks after 11, so Quiz is now begins earlier, meaning more sparse attendance. This means that the management is thinking of cancelling it and effectively ending my social life. This is crap and hope more people will come so I don’t ossify in front of the computer. People to look out for are Absolute Hell, and the walking dictionary Lathika. He also has an library of unconscionably bad jokes. My team is Osama’s Bush, largely supported by Tariq, Sanjiv on movies, and Shanaka on sports. Chikky handles strategy and anal retention. I have included a sample of questions for you to test your mettle. Pub Quiz is at 8:30 sharp every Wednesday.
1. This Game was first made by Milton Bradley in 1860. A 100-year anniversary tribute game was made in 1960, becoming the version of the game we know today. In this game the players travel in plastic cars and land on spaces with different instructions on them. In the end everyone retires and the one with the most money wins. Which game is this?
3. Which strategy game involves two players taking turns moving their numbered pieces in an attempt to capture the other person’s flag?
8. In this board game, players surgically remove the body parts of a very unhappy patient, collecting money each time they are successful. If they aren’t the patient’s nose flashes and they lose a turn. Which game is this?
As a note, I don’t know what Rugby Union is and my idea of football involves more obese black men. I generally don’t contribute to this round
1. Who is England’s current manager (
3. Where will the football World Cup be held this year?
5. What does NASCAR stand for?
2. What do the Game, 50 Cent, Eminem and Snoop Dogg have in common? Or who?
3. How many members did Destiny’s Child originally have?
8. Who sang this lyric – ‘Expert textpert choking smokers, don’t you think the joker laughs at you’
6. To go AWOL means that you are Absent Without …
8. NIMBY means Not in My…
10. a RN is a Registered…