They suck. The government is drawing up plans to ban reconstruction of the coast for up to 300 metres. That is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while. Beach gets hit by Tsunami. Never go to beach again. We should all move to the mountains and wear diapers and scuba gear at all times. Travel to California should also be banned. Actually, planes are kinda sketchy too. I don’t know why we have those.
These are some other jack-ass things the government has banned:
- Color Photocopiers: Cause we might counterfit money. Do you know how many Rupees you’d have to print to buy anything? The biggest functional note is worth $10.
- Private Helicopters: Terrorists! Or superheroes like Harrison Ford who could’ve saved some people.
- Shortwave Radios: Terrorists! Or rescue workers, but who can tell?
- SB Dissanayake: Cause if you criticize the Supreme Court, the Supreme Court will put you in jail.
- Community Radio: Cause community means communism… but wait, the government is communist. Socialist really, but it includes the ‘I Like The Red Flags’ wing of the Communists. Perhaps they just had no idea what they were doing. Nalaka drew my attention to this (below)
If you’re giving donations don’t give to the Prime Minister or President’s fund. Please don’t encourage them. Anyone can ban stuff. We need people to build.