Arrggh. Moving posts over involves:
1. Get a textfile from TypePad
3. Find an old copy cause I’m locked out of TypePad
2. Run import-mt.php
4. Forget to change links from www.indi.ca to indi.blogs.com (nevermind, one is fuct and the other isn’t)
5. Use phpMyAdmin to empty the crap files from the MySQL database. This is a level or two above command-line. As in, I don’t belong here.
7. Empty important stuff like my index (content) and css (form) files
8. Copy those files back over (Thank God I backed up)
9. Change the links on the textfile
11. Edit the import-mt.php cause its not working
12. Import again
This is boring, but it just goes to show the underbelly of the Net. Arthur C. Clarke said that any sufficiently advanced technology looks like magic, and the Internet almost looks like it. But it’s not. It’s a profoundly physical thing. It is also, as far as I can tell, assembled with duct tape. Just today I had to mess with
PS. I’m missing a month of posts cause I have to find some way to get them off the TypePad server. It’s probably not relevant to you, but, yeah.